Radical Evangelism to Muslims - Video Course - Dr. Jay Smith
Dr. Jay Smith
SESSIONS IN THIS COURSE - 10 hours of Video Teaching (mp4's on a USB Drive)
- Introduction to Muslim Evangelism
- Understanding Islam’s Beliefs & Practices
- Islam & Christianity Compared – “Hermeneutical Key”
- Muhammad – A Christian Critique
- The Bible – A Christian Apologetic
- Confident Christianity: In Seven Areas vs. Islam
- Khilafah vs. Kingdom of God
- Which is the Religion of Peace, Islam or Christianity? The Question Post 9/11 & 7/7
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- The Attraction of Islam
- Missiological Methodologies Post 9/11
"Radical" means to go back to the root. In Islam this means to go back to the 7th Century violence of Muhammad, Allah and the early Muslim conquests. In Christianity, however, it means to be devoted followers of Jesus, Paul and the first century churches great commission.
Radical Evangelism to Muslims means to love Muslims enough, to be a faithful witness to the gospel to them in our modern day. Christian apologist Jay Smith communicates the reality of resurgent Islam and it's impact on the Church's witness to the Muslim world. This course attempts to equip Christians with tools to answer the most pressing questions of our day.
- The God of the Bible vs. Allah of the Qur’an?
- Frequently Asked Questions by Muslims
- Problems with the Qur’an
- The Five Pillars & Six Articles of Faith
- Jihad in Islam
- The Khilafa (Islamic State) vs. the kingdom of God
- Why Christians Convert to Islam
- Mission Methods Among Muslims
The events of September 11, 2001 changed world history. They also changed the dynamic between the world’s two largest competing religious worldviews: Christianity and Islam. In the weeks and months following the attacks in the United States on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Islam experienced its largest period of growth in history and this religion, once obscure to Western minds, became something of a curiosity. Many in the U.S. and elsewhere began asking questions: What is Islam? What does it teach? What attracts people to Islam? Is Islam simply another version or flavor of the other two monotheistic faiths, Judaism and Christianity? Among those in the church, the questions took on a more somber tone: How do we answer the arguments against Christian beliefs raised by Islam? How can we reach Muslims with the Gospel message? How can I move beyond the fear of talking with a Muslim? What can I say to a Muslim to expose Islam for the lie that it is?
PROF. JAY SMITH
Brethren in Christ World Mission
(Missionary, Debater, Apologist/Polemicist)
Jay Smith earned his M.Div from Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, his Th.M in Missiology from Fuller Theological Seminary and is currently a Ph.D Candidate at the Bible College of Victoria, Australia.
Jay has been a missionary with the Brethren in Christ World Mission since 1983 working in evangelism with Muslims in England, France, and Senegal.
Jay is considered to be one of the top Christian apologists to Muslims in the world, and has been involved in over 100 formal debates with Muslims and scholars.
He is the leader for the national branch of i2 Ministries, England. He conducts conferences with i2 Ministries around the world to introduce the Mission Muslim World University Training program to national movements.